Monday, August 18, 2014

Angel Baby Goes To Kindergarten

I knew this day would be a rough one.  Ava has been having quite a lot of separation anxiety since the day we toured kindergarten back in the Spring.  She has been clingy and not wanting to be away from mommy and daddy.  It's almost like she knew the last days of her being a "baby" were coming to an end.  I've worried and worried about when the time came to drop her off.  How would she handle it? Would she be scared? Would I cry?  There is nothing worse than knowing I have to leave her when she is upset.

Well, I am happy to report that she did great!  She was nervous, but I think the excitement she felt made it okay.  Ava did great walking in, but when we got to her classroom she looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I don't know if I can do this."  There was a fleeting moment where I thought to myself, "We could just leave now. Maybe homeschooling wouldn't be that bad!".  When I regained my composure I knelt down and said "Ava, you are going to do great.  I am so proud of you."  Then I remembered the words Ethan said when I dropped him off for his first day of kindergarten and said..."Ava, you've got this."  She said, "Okay, mommy.  I love you." and walked to her seat.

I am so blessed beyond words to have two of the most amazing children in the world.  Everyday they make me smile and laugh.  Ethan and Ava bring such joy to my life.  My heart swells with the love that I feel for them.

Time is going by so fast.  My emotions are running high today because I know we are starting a new chapter. It seems like yesterday, when we went to the hospital to have Ava.  I will never forget how proud Ethan was of his baby sister.  He ran into the waiting room and yelled, "Hey everyone! Ava Claire is here! She's here!" That kind of sums up how I feel today...LOOK OUT WORLD! AVA CLAIRE IS HERE!


Ava and Mrs. Arbaugh

No comments: